- Liu Song received the competitive and prestigious Postgraduate Research Output Award of CUHK!
- Liu Song successfully defended his PhD thesis! Congratulations!
- Li Ye successfully defended his PhD thesis! Congratulations!
- Three lab members, Li Ye, Liu Song and Zuo Wenlong go to American Physical Society (APS) March meeting at Los Angeles, California and give talks on their research.
- Yilin Wu gives a public lecture "Physics of Microbes: Move in a Bacterial Way" as part of the "Celebrating Physics - A series of public lectures" organized by the Physical Society of in Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Zhang Mengshi successfully defended her MPhil thesis! Congratulations!
- Yilin Wu gives an invited talk at the "BIFD 2017: Bifurcations and Instabilities in Fluid Dynamics", Houston, Texas; then visits Rice University, MIT and the lovely Berg Lab at Rowland Institute.
- 6 lab members go to the 10th National Conference on Soft Matter and Biophysics in Xiamen, Fujian and present their work there.
- Li Ye and Liu Song receive the prestigious CN Yang Scholarship from the department! Congratulations!
- We hold a lab open house to introduce research activities in our lab to the general public, including senior citizens and secondary school students. Everyone is amazed by fluorescent bacteria moving under the microscope!
- Yilin Wu gives an invited talk on bacterial collective oscillation in American Physical Society (APS) March meeting at New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Chen Chong successfully defended his PhD thesis! Congratulations!
- All lab members go to American Physical Society (APS) March meeting at Baltimore, Maryland; and Li Ye gives a talk on cohesive swimming of bacteria.
- Zhai He successfully defended her MPhil thesis! Congratulations!
- Chen Chong and Zhai He give talks on bacterial collective motion in the annual meeting of Physical Society of Hong Kong.
- Public Lecture by Yilin Wu, “Biological Physics -- Move in a Bacterial Way” (生物的物理－細菌的運動). CUHK, June 2015
- Popular Science Talk by Yilin Wu, “Understanding the Bugs in Our Gut”. STFA Seaward Woo College, March 2015; HKSYCIA Wong Tai Shan Memorial College, April 2015.
- Research work was highlighted in a cover story of the July 2013 issue of The Scientist magazine. See More.
- Paper on the role of periodic reversals in myxobacterial swarming was featured in Nature News: doi:10.1038/news.2009.43.